Saturday 4 February 2023

So much beauty

Even though this is a tough time of year, there’s still so much beauty to be found – and especially so with the recent fine weather.

  
Here (below) is a magnificent oak. I love tree skeletons just as much as trees in full leaf, if not more so. 

(As so often, my world is tilted. Usually I correct the pictures, but I didn't notice this one until I'd uploaded it and now I can't be bothered to change it.)





I adore the bluey greys of this view. They make me want to be a watercolourist – but I had fun nonetheless with my new smartphone camera trying to capture the exact shade of light and dark as I saw it (as advised by Carol of Life of Pottering).


For some reason these distant hills remind me of Lord of the Rings, and the little hobbits trudging through vast swathes of wild countryside. I think it’s because Frog had a Tolkien map or perhaps some pictures that looked like this – I must try and find it/them.|

 

This is My Secret Wood from the outside – a glorious multi-hued tangle, soon to burst with new life.






This is the road that meanders along the ridge of the hill behind the house. Round every corner is a fabulous view. Here are the three beech trees in a line that I’ve mentioned before.





And, just in case you think that winter is a drab time, here is some lichen that leapt out of the hedge at me in a psychedelic way.


3 comments:

  1. I also used to have real problems with my photos being in the ‘skew’. Don’t know whether you can do this on your phone but I can show a grid on mine so I can line up the horizontal line with the horizon. I don’t have to straighten up half as many now 😀 Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Carol. I really appreciate your help. I shall definitely investigate using a grid. The only trouble is, the horizon is hardly ever straight round here (too many hills in the way)! Maybe I can use vertical lines and trees . . . x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I sometimes use the vertical too 😀

      Delete

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!