Saturday 23 May 2020

Five on Friday


I’m writing this post as part of a blog link-in hosted by ‘I live, I love, I craft,I am me’*. The subject is gratitude and here are five things I’m grateful for.

Firstly, thanks to you for reading this blog. Writing (for me) is all about confidence and believing in what you’re doing, and every page view helps.

Thanks to The Literary Consultancy for arranging a second assessment of my novel (by a different person) free of charge because I’d found the first report so unhelpful. It brought my writing (apart from this blog) and hence my future to a juddering halt, but now things are opening up again.

Thanks to the police for taking seriously my complaint about the cage-trap on a neighbouring farmer’s land and thanks to a neighbour for being with me in this matter. (See my post 'Meltdown' on the subject.)

Thanks to the lockdown for simplifying my life and enabling me to see what really matters.

Which brings me to my final item. Thanks to Frog and Dog, my favourite companions, for being with me at this time.

The dog is there, honest. Can you spot her??

And I've just realised it's Saturday today, not Friday. Oh well.

*If you've accessed this blog through 'I live, I love, I craft, I am me' you may not be able to access the links. You'll need instead to visit my blog (www.belinda-whitworth.blogspot.com) directly. 

8 comments:

  1. I spotted the dog!, coz it is exactly what ours does, trots on ahead like a scouting party! We've just got back from a walk, where Moss strode out in front to get to all her favourite places first! Thank you for joining in, acknowledging those gentle things that are worth being grateful for can make such a difference. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting set of gratitudes. Yes I can see the dog! Good luck with the book and here's to a simpler life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, exactly, KJ, and then the scouting party looks back quizzically as if saying 'What's keeping you? Why are you so SLOW?' :-)
    Thanks to YOU for organising the blog link-ups and doing so much to create a blogging community. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you, twice, Threads, and I love the subtitle of your blog. Glad you can see the dog - I was worried she was too small!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I can see the dog too. It's lovely to have another join in Kate's 5 on Friday. Hope your novel goes well & you enjoy walking in your summer. Take care & stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Susan for your kind comment. :-) I look forward to reading more of your blog (if you carry on). I spent a year working my way round Oz in 1974-5 and thought it was an AMAZING place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi B. I love reading your blog and this is SO inspiring. Hooray for challenging the Literacy Consultancy - that takes courage and challenging the farmer and getting support to do it ...thanks so much - your persistence is fabulous and makes me think I can re- visit something I've been putting up with. Bless you and your lovely companions. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to hear from you, Trish, and thank you so much for your enthusiasm and encouragement. They mean a lot. Good luck with your revisiting! I do hope you're getting on all right at the moment - writing perhaps?? Bxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!