Sunday 31 March 2019

The one that got away


There is no extract from the novel this week. The chapter I was hoping to post didn’t work out. (This usually means it’s not the right place for it and that it will come later in the novel.) I took a day out to reset my brain with a new chapter and fell ill with one of the dreaded migraines.

There may have been a connection as the chapter that got away deals with a painful subject. However I’m also doing a lot of clearing out of my psychical attic since my mother’s death (two years ago) with the help of the wonderful Louise Hay (and her book You Can Heal Your Life) and I’d got in a bit of a tizz about several things.

In the meantime, the weather here has been divine, with spring bursting out all over. On Friday Frog dragged me from my sick bed and we went for a (very slow – with lots of rests) walk by the sea. I hoped to take some pictures for you to make up for the lack of Novel but as most of my energy was occupied with keeping upright, the results were slightly low key. Here they are anyway.

The view from the cliffs.
The sea was glassy calm and several people were trying to swim
(standing with their swimmers on, in water up to their knees, egged on by their dogs).

Blue gromwell, a rare wildflower at its northernmost here by the sea in the south-west.
I'm always pleased to see it again each year. It's related to lungwort.

Blackthorn blossom and some very pregnant sheep.
'Enjoy the lambing experience' said a sign at the field gate. I wondered what that meant.

I hope to be back with Jane and co next week.


1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the migraines.. and it's not surprising how personal stuff is such a trigger for what you are writing in the novel...it's so hard to separate them. Good to take care of yourself and have a break. Beautiful photos....very interested in the blue gromwell - so delicate. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!