Sunday 30 September 2018

A magical late-summer walk on the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal in Somerset


A glorious September day on the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal in Somerset

I just had to stop and post this picture I took yesterday of the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal. We stole a day out from The Bathroom and The Builders and had a magical walk.
    Ellie, who normally can’t get enough fuss from people, met her match: a fearless little girl who pursued her for a good half mile, patting her on the head whenever she could reach. We could see Ellie was embarrassed but far too polite to shake her off. We weren’t sure why she held back but it could have been because she understood that the little girl was like a puppy, with which Ellie is surprisingly patient.
    ‘You’re very good with dogs,’ I said to the little girl. ‘Have you got one of your own?’
    ‘No,’ said the little girl giving a skip, ‘but me and my dad want to get one.’
    There’s a story there, I thought.

2 comments:

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!