Monday 23 May 2011

The blue petal and the red



My head is still full of novel so not many words today. Just two pictures which I took last week while walking Dog.
    The blue (speedwell) field belongs to a neighbour. She keeps her horses there and I’m sure she doesn’t use any chemicals on the grass. The red field has been farmed organically for the last few years. Two years ago the display of poppies was so spectacular that half the village turned out to have a look.
    One day as I walked past two Americans were filming it.
    ‘It’s like the Wizard of Oz,’ they exclaimed.
    I’ll let you know if it reaches the same heights this year.



Did you happen to watch the recent BBC drama ‘The Crimson Petal and the White’? It was the best thing I’ve seen on television for ages. There was a plaintive letter in this week’s Radio Times from another fan asking why no one else had written in to say they’d enjoyed it, so I emailed (radio.times@bbc.com) to say that I had. If you enjoyed it too, do let the BBC know so that they are encouraged to put on more quality dramas. If not, do catch any repeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!