Sunday 14 January 2018

How do I keep it alive?

In the previous post I described how I dreamt of becoming a fully functioning human being. On Friday night, for reasons I might go into later, I got back in touch with the missing part of me, and understood which part of me that is.
    For the whole of Saturday, even though the weather was as dreary as it can be – cold, windy, heavy with grey clouds, muddy – I was happy. The part I had uncovered on Friday evening was still with me. I was firing on all cylinders. I was a complete person.

A happy walk on a dreary day: along the canal with Frog and Dog yesterday.
 
Today, even though the sky is blue and the sun is out, I’m miserable. I’ve lost touch with my missing part. I’ve closed off again. I’m back to the dark dreary depressed me.
    So the question I’m asking myself is, how do I keep that part with me? How do I keep it alive?
   

1 comment:

  1. Be gentle with yourself....integrating a missing part takes time and kindness - you are doing brilliantly...keep taking you and yourself out for walks on dreary days and blue sky days....one small step at a time. X

    ReplyDelete

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!