Tuesday 23 August 2011

Loose strife


Purple loosestrife beside the water in my neighbour's wild garden.
    (Sorry, Trish. I had to retrieve Dog - again. She loves your garden as much as I do. The ducks were safe on their island though, much to Dog's annoyance.)
    Why the lovely name? My book says it's because the plant's antibiotic and was used to stop itching and to repel flies, demons and troublesome spirits. Useful.

While in watery mode, here is a wonderful entry that I came across in one of the blogs I follow (http://www.asmallstone.com/):

Dysfunction bubbles up, rot at the bottom of the pond.

The trick I suppose is to allow the dysfunction to bubble, to let the strife loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!