Friday 25 February 2011

Migraines

This is only going to be a short blog as I've had a migraine for the last 36 hours. I have a horrible feeling that migraines, for me, are the downside of writing. In order to write I have to work myself into a frenzied state and the only way my poor brain can come down from that state is via a migraine. Oh dear. There must be a better way.
    I have lots of ideas for blogs for next week however. Some of the subjects rattling around my weary brain are: tarot cards, dog-training, auras, wild nature. So, watch this space.
    And I didn't mention in my last blog my wonderful, kind and inspiring writing teacher, Roselle Angwin. Check out her fascinating blog 'qualia and other wildlife' (http://www.roselle-angwin.blogspot.com/ ) and her website (http://www.fire-in-the-head.co.uk/ ). She has written several books of poetry, several books about writing and myth, and has a novel coming out on 1 March called Imago. I haven't read it yet but I know that it starts in modern-day Devon and then goes back to thirteenth-century France and a persecuted religious sect called the Cathars. She talks about the novel's extraordinary genesis in her blog. (The book's published by Indigo Dreams.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!