Thursday 8 January 2015

A rest for the soul



‘Christmas is a lovely rest, isn’t it,’ I say to Frog yesterday morning.
    I’ve only been back at work two days and already I feel frazzled.
    I hear Frog hesitating. We're conducting one of our usual long-distance conversations: he's upstairs in the bathroom and I'm downstairs in the kitchen. I know what he's thinking. Several days shopping. Three days walking, two of the walks several hours long. You call that a rest?
    Eventually, after a long silence, comes his answer. ‘A rest for the soul.’
    Yes! I think. That’s exactly what Christmas is.

Sunrise, January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!