Thursday 1 February 2018

Exeter's medieval ruins


Here at last are some of my own photographs of the medieval ruins in Exeter where I have taken to eating my sandwiches, away from marauding seagulls.
The ruins consist of almshouses and a chapel (dedicated to St Catherine), with Roman remains underneath - but I don’t think these are visible.
No one seems to visit them except me and some small birds.
The pictures were taken today, 1 February, a time of low sun and shadows.

The old and the new

Nature is doing her best to take over

The entrance to a secret garden
You can just see the tower of the cathedral in the distance

The looming remains of a belltower
Outside the ruined walls people scurry past

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!