Friday 22 February 2013

And on the coldest day of the year so far . . .

Ploughing. I love the seagulls and the contrast in colour between the ploughed and unploughed stripes.



A lamb keeping warm. As soon as I tried to get closer it jumped off but I think the picture's worked out rather well as it is.



And just so that you don't think country life is all sweetness and light here is a dead animal (lamb?) that I discovered because Ellie was rolling on it.




And here is another dead animal (rabbit?) that Ellie is tearing to pieces and devouring.





This day two years ago I started this blog and this day two years ago I wrote about hearing the first yaffle (green woodpecker) of the year. As I walked home today I heard a yaffle in the weeping willow beside the lane, the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't be visible immediately. It comes to me first (via email) so that I can check it's not spam. I try to reply to every comment but please be assured that, even if I don't, every genuine comment is read with interest and greatly appreciated. Thank you!